Everybody naturally has butt-crack hairs. According to Joshua Zeichner, director of cosmetic and clinical research in dermatology at Mount Sinai Hospital in New York City, body hair and hairs in the genital area or buttock are made for the same purpose: keeping us warm. Usually not that big of a problem for men, but sometimes a huge issue for most women, hairs are indeed a source of anxiety for many. Many women hate butt-crack hairs because it makes them feel uncomfortable and lose confidence. If you are one of them, worry no more, we listed many effective solutions to remove those pesky hairs.
How to remove butt crack hairs for men
Before talking about females but cracks, let’s see if there are any solutions for men as well. It is known that men are naturally more hairy than women due to hormones. That’s why they usually have butt-crack hairs on the cheeks, buttocks, and anus.
Some guys can lose confidence if they are too hairy. Thus, we made a small list of tricks for you so you can properly shave at home:
- What you need is an electric shaver or manual razor which are practical tools to shave butt crack hairs. Electric shaver: recommended for shaving the buttock because hairs in this area are usually thicker and longer. Manual razor: used for shaving little hairs near the anus.
- Before shaving, take a hot shower to allow hair pores to open up.
- Apply a nice gel or shaving cream
- Stand before a mirror or grab a hand mirror to view the part that you want to shave, and then, carefully cut the hairs off.
- Rinse off the shaved area with cold water.
How to remove butt crack hair for women
For women, butt crack hairs are considered a serious problem. In general, women will want to remove these unwanted hairs around the legs, arms, armpits, and even around the buttock or the anus. Imagine, who wants to be hairy when wearing a bikini along the beach or when having sex with the boyfriend? Besides, it is not only for beauty and confidence but also for hygiene.
Being hairless helps reduce undesirable smells and also makes women feel clean especially during their periods. In fact, the shaving process for women is not that much different from men’s. They can use a shaver or a manual blade razor, but in both cases, they just need to be more careful because a woman’s skin is naturally more sensitive.
Here are the steps to follow to take care of your skin:
- Take a hot shower or a bath to clean the body, soften the hairs, and open up the pores.
- You might want to trim the long hairs first with an electric shaver.
- Then, apply shaving cream or gel to prevent frictions.
- Face a mirror and carefully shave all unwanted hairs against their growth direction. Side note: do not forget to rinse the razor frequently during the process.
- After finishing, wash the shaved area with cold water and dry it with a clean towel.
- Apply an antiseptic product to prevent bacteria infection.
- You may apply body powder on the shaved area to reduce itching.
Once you’re done, we recommend applying a natural moisturizing cream for sensitive skin every day to keep your skin healthy and soft.
Self-shaving is the most convenient option but it can only cut the hairs on a surface level. Here are a few alternative solutions for removing your hairs:
Waxing is a fast and somewhat painful way to remove hairs. The advantage of waxing is that it can totally eliminate butt hairs and it will take a while before they grow back. However, this process should be performed by a professional esthetician, and the procedure unfolds as follows:
- They thoroughly clean the target area.
- If the hairs are too long, they will trim them first.
- They then apply the wax on the butt skin and place a clean piece of cloth on it
- They quickly pull off the strip in the opposite direction of hair growth
- This step is repeated until all hairs are gone.
- Lastly, they apply an antiseptic to close up the pores.
The biggest disadvantage of waxing is the pain. If you cannot endure the pain from pulling a bunch of hairs off at the same time, we suggest you try another method.
2. Laser hair removal
Laser treatment is the most effective method for permanently removing unwanted hair by using a high-intensity beam of light. The laser hair removal takes only a few minutes and can be used on any part of the body from the face, leg, arm, underarm, bikini line, and other areas. Moreover, after 3-7 sessions, it can prevent ingrown hairs as well as future hair growth.
In conclusion, laser treatment is a quick, safe and long-term solution. Besides, it causes less pain than other methods. However, this process is quite expensive and requires a lot of aftercare treatments.